For Checkout (more coming soon...)
- Logging On
- Students, Faculty and Staff can log onto any computer workstations or laptop with their Barton id and password.
- Available software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Reader
- Cute PDF creator
- Firefox 20.0.1
- Chrome Browser
- Internet Explorer 10
- Microsoft Silverlight
- VNC Viewer
- VideoLAN - VLC
- Google Earth
- Google Sketch-Up
- GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program
- Mendeley - Reference Manager
- Coffee Cup - HTML Editor
- SSH Secure Shell
- FileZilla - FTP manager
- Wireless Access
- Ask the circulation or reference desk for the wireless password for personal devices.
- Public Workstations
- There are 2 available public workstations available for Wilson Community Patrons
Library Technology Classroom
Thanks to an LSTA* grant and matching funds from the Friends of Hackney Library organization, Hackney's technology classroom is outfitted with new instructional technology.
- interactive Promethean ActivBoard;
- ActivExpress interactive voting technology;
- HP TouchSmart computer, mouse, keyboard, and printer;
The classroom can be reserved by faculty and staff for class presentations, interactive instruction, and library instruction.
Student are welcome to use the room when not reserved. Student tutors should contact the reference desk (252-399-6502) for special request if tutoring large groups.
*Federal LSTA funds are made possible through grants from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and are administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources.
Last Updated: November 29th, 2016