Friends enjoy longer circulation periods, additional renewals, and access to all of our collections.
- 10 checkouts at once
- 4 week checkout period;
- 2 renewals;
- Grace Period: Books returned within 2 weeks of their due date will have any fines waived.
- Library Use Only
- Non-circulating materials
- Laptops / Equipment
- Class Reserves
Friends of Hackney Library enjoy the unique benefit of 10 free Interlibrary loan requests. Find books anywhere in the world and we will do our best to get a copy with seven to ten days. Each additional request is only $1.00.
Become A Member today!
Public Access Computers
Hackney Library has 2 available public access computers. These computers are only available if they are not in use by Barton students at the time of the request for use--Barton students' use takes first priority;
- Patrons must present a valid picture ID and register on a list at the circulation desk with their name, address, time, and date logged on the computer. (This registration information is kept confidential, although it is subject to the United States Patriot Act.)
- Friends are allowed 2 hours of computer use per day. Additional time is allowed pending the approval of the on-duty reference librarian
- During final exams, there is no public access to the library's computers.
- Users under the age of 18 searching Internet sites other than through the library web page are asked to be in the company of their parent or guardian.
Wireless internet is free for our Friends. Present your card to receive our wireless key.
- Printouts from the public access computers must be picked up at the circulation desk.
- Black&White printouts = 25¢ per page
- Color printouts = 50¢ per page
Wilson County Patron Types:
Last Updated: February 10th, 2017