The Barton College Friends of Hackney Library organization was established to help support the Library in developing its collection and to provide a means for members of the community to borrow from the library's collection.
Friends of Hackney Library members receive several benefits
- Extended loan periods and public computer access;
- Check out audiovisual materials
- 10 free interlibrary loan requests. (additional requests are $1.00 each)
- Discounts on special events admission prices
- Support the Library in developing its collection and other special projects
- Participate with a group of book-minded people in special programs
- Benefactor - $5,000
- Philanthropist – $2,500
- Sustainer – $1,000
- Patron – $500
- Advocate – $250
- Donor – $100
- Family - $50
- Friend - $25
- Student - $10
The Friends of Hackney Library are proud to have the continued support of the following organizations:
Becoming a Member
Annual Signature Level memberships (simultaneous membership in all three Barton Friends organizations: Friends of Hackney Library, Friends of Visual Arts, and the Barton-Wilson Symphony) are also available. For more information about signature level memberships or other membership opportunities, please contact Frances Belcher at (252) 399-6357.
- Memberships must be renewed annually and members must be at least 18 years of age to join.
- Friends of Hackney Library memberships last from July 1 – June 30.
- Membership applications are available online, payable by credit card. Or you may also join by filling out a form at the library. Payment is possible via cash or check in the library.
Last Updated: February 10th, 2017